Date: February 26, 2016
In an emotional and festive atmosphere, European University Cyprus and Cyprus College Alumni Association announced its annual awards: "European University Cyprus & Cyprus College Microsoft Innovation Center Alumni Awards 2016." The main aim of European University Cyprus is to recognize and reward the achievements of alumni and to award two scholarships from the Alumni Scholarship Fund.
Over 500 members of the Association attended the event in order to reward graduates excelling on a personal and professional level. The list of successful graduates was quite large, making the work of the selection panel particularly difficult.
- The award "Alumni of the Year" was given to Mrs. Christiana Pisia Pierouli, Assistant Director in Primary Education.
- The award "Alumni Business of the Year" was awarded to Mr. Neboja Petridis, General Director of FFGroup
- The award "Entrepreneurship and Innovation" won by Mr. Aristos Aristidou, General Manager of the company Dacor.
- The award "Female Entrepreneurship" was given to Mrs. Anna Manoli, Business Consultant at FileFinders
- Honorary Award for Sport Promotion was awarded to the manager and coach of the European Univerisity Cyprus Basketball team "Warriors", Mr. Andreas Kokkinos
- Honorary Award of Educational Promotion was awarded to former Lyceum Principal Kyriakos Neocleous, who managed to touch the souls of thousand Nicosia residents as he has been their teacher, director and mentor.
The Association also awarded two scholarships worth €22,500 to a freshman student and a current student. The scholarships were kindly granted to the Alumni Association by European University Cyprus.
In his speech, the President of the Association, Mr. Yiannos Spyrou announced that "we are in the final stretch for the creation of a fully updated Business Alumni Guide (Business Directory), that we believe, will assist in the dynamic networking, ultimately leading to the mutual aid and mutual support of our members". Finally, he thanked European University Cyprus, Microsoft and the media sponsor, the newspaper "Kathimerini".
The Managing Director of European University Cyprus, Dr. Christoforos Hadjikyprianou, thanked the Association for its active role and multiple actions, while noting that European University Cyprus belongs to the largest international university agency, the Laureate International Universities, consisting of 80 universities in 29 countries worldwide, attended by over one million students, operating 21 centers of excellence in the fields of Medicine and Health Sciences.
After the Award Ceremony, the Association hosted a gala dinner for its members.